Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Oh my aching back

In 2005 I herniated two of my lumbar vertebrate, underwent spinal decompression, and have been just fine for the past four years. Just over a week ago I lifted a box, and apparently completely ruptured one of those two disks. I'm unable to sit, stand or walk. I have five prescriptions to try to relieve some of the pain, swelling, etc. until later this week. I'll be having back surgery on Thursday or Friday (I'll know after I meet with the surgeon on Thursday).

So I'll be right here in my bed where I've been for two days now. I'll be here studying and reading so that I don't get behind in my classes, and then I'll be back in my regular routine on Monday.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh no Michelle. I pray that you get feeling better quickly so you don't miss out on more school than you have to. So glad you have such wonderful kiddos who I know are helping you out.

Mom said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this my sweet daughter. Wish I was there to help you. Love you so much, Mom