Friday, January 05, 2007

One of the greatest gifts ever

I got a call on Christmas day from Larry, Sean and Brendan's dad. He called to tell me this:

"Michelle. I just want to tell you thank you for doing such a wonderful job of raising our sons. You have done a great job, and they have turned out to be great kids because of you. Seriously, I can't thank you enough."

Brian and Sean were standing there in the kitchen with me, wondering why I was crying. Talk about a HUGE compliment. I couldn't believe it.

Larry and I have come a long way in the past few years, and we get along very well now. I respect his wife, and there is none of the typical arguing or jealousy that occurs between a mother and a step-mother. It is so nice. When they are in town to visit, we all go out to dinner together. They have two children together, and Sean and Brendan love to go to Atlanta to spend time with their baby sister and brother. Madalyn was born just two weeks before Erin, and Trevor will be two this coming March. They both adore their two big brothers, just as much as Erin does.

It's so nice to have gotten to this point, and to have a good relationship for the sake of Sean and Bren.

1 comment:

michelle said...

i cant imagine how that feels. to be able to forgive, and to also be at peace with the way things are. good for you michelle! you deserve it. you ARE a great mom after all!