Saturday, July 18, 2009

A treasure

I meant to post about this a couple of weeks ago, and because I've been so busy I completely forgot.

When my mom was here earlier this month she brought me my great grandmother's cookbook with all of her hand written recipes. Hundreds of treasures just waiting for me to try. The book itself, with over 200 pages of printed recipes, is from 1929, but the real gems to me are the handwritten recipes on individual pieces of paper that are stuffed into the book. While she was here Zaye and I made one of the recipes, an old-fashioned applesauce cake, and it was to die for. In fact, we made it twice in just a couple of days. There are also several recipes that were created by my great grandmother, and I can't wait to try those, too.



For someone like me that loves to bake this is a priceless gift. Thanks mom!!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are very welcome. Love you, Mom