Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

These might be the best cookies you ever try. They are Brian's favorite, and they are in my top three. I stock up on canned pumpkin during the fall every year just so that I can make them all year.

Pumpkin Cookies

1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup Crisco
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
Mix Crisco, sugar, and pumpkin in a large bowl. Add egg.
Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Add to wet mixture.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375ยบ for 10-12 minutes.
Frosting:
3 tablespoons butter
4 tsp milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
Pan cook the butter, brown sugar and milk. Let cool for five minutes and then add powdered sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled cookies.

This recipe was given to me by my friend, Celeste, about 7 years ago.

1 comment:

Sherri Leach said...

I can't wait to try one!!