Friday, November 20, 2009

Looking good

I met with Dr. P today (my back surgeon), and he said that everything looks great. He is actually quite impressed that everything looks as good as it does. I have absolutely no pain, and haven't since the surgery. Not in my back, hips, legs or even at the site of the incision. He made sure that I have no permanent nerve damage (I don't), and even pressed firmly on the actual incision, and I had no pain when he did that. He couldn't believe it. I thanked him over and over for not just doing such a great job with the surgery, but for essentially giving me my life back. I was in so much pain, and it was absolutely taking its toll on me. Emotionally I do not think I could have handled much more of it, and I made sure he knew that what he did made a huge difference in my life.

I go back in three months for the "all clear". Until then I cannot exercise (with the exception of walking), and am clear to "have sex as long as you keep it missionary-stay on your back!!" Yes, that's exactly what he said. I have a high chance of re-rupture over the course of the next 6-8 weeks since the surgery was so invasive, and that is why I have to be so careful. You can be assured that I will be even more careful than he asks, because I do not ever want to have that kind of pain again.

I feel great!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Way To Go my daughter. I'm so happy for you. Love you so very much

Possibly any woman said...

Really? I could have done without knowing the sex part. LOL
Glad you're feeling better. :)

Kym said...

I want to go to your doctor!

Rhonda said...

That's awesome Michelle!! So happy for you!!