Monday, February 11, 2008

11 on the 11th




In about 30 minutes my BooBoo will be eleven years old.  At 10:19pm on February 11, 1997 my second child, Brendan Connor was born.  He has been a mommy's boy ever since that minute.

I picked Bren up early from school today (as a birthday treat), took him out for lunch, and then we went out to Macaroni Grill (his choice) for dinner.  He'll be having a party this weekend with his friends.

And I just have to tell everyone that I love that my 11 year old son isn't ashamed to hold my hand in public, kiss me in front of his friends, tell me how much he loves me in front of his best buddies, and I adore the fact that he still snuggles with me on the couch, and cuddles up against me on the weekends when I'm sleeping in.  I just love it, and I don't think it'll ever get old.

Happy birthday my sweet boy.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Bren! Hope you had a great day and hope to see you soon! xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday our wonderful grandson. Wonderful pictures, sorry we didn't call, we didn't get home until real late your time. We'll call this evening. Hope you get your Birthday gift soon, was hoping it was going to get there on time. Grandpa and I hope to see you this summer, hint,hint. Love you, Grandma

Mama Celeste said...

Happy 11th Birthday Brendan!
Michelle,
that is so wonderful that he still gives all that affection (and in public!). Justin is 12 and I still hear "I love you" a lot, but definitely not in public. I'm jealous :)