Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer is in full swing

Sean, Bren and Erin finished school on June 3rd, and they have been busy bees ever since.  They all three have annual Busch Gardens passes, and since it is less than a mile from USF I just drop them off on my way to school and then pick them up afterwards.  They have been having an absolute blast.  They went every single day this week, and a couple of days Brendan brought one of his friends, too.  

In addition to daily visits to Busch Gardens Brendan got a huge surprise yesterday.  We told him that he was going to go watch his drum instructor play a show, but instead we followed him (Raymond) to a place where we purchased an 11 piece drum set!  You should have seen how excited he was.  Raymond brought everything back to our house in his truck, and he'll be coming by tomorrow to get it all set back up.  Brendan is chomping at the bit to get in there and play, and I can't wait to be able to watch him  more than once a week.  I'm so excited to have the piano at home for Sean and Erin, and now to have the drums here for Bren.  I love hearing each of them play music in their own style.  I'll post pictures of Bren with his drums all set up tomorrow after Raymond leaves.  I'm sure you'll be able to see a huge smile on Brendan's face, too.

So with this school year behind us I now have one in high school, one in middle school, and one in elementary school.  The middle and high schools are on the same campus (less than two miles from our house), and Erin's school is at the back entrance to our neighborhood, so nobody is far.  It's just going to be interesting coordinating the school events with three different schools next year.  

School is still going great for me (in the midst of summer term right now).  The closer I get to finishing pre-med the more excited I get about medical school.  This whole experience so far truly has been a blessing for me, and I am so happy that I took the chance 3.5 years ago and decided to go back to pursue my dream.  As with most events of my life there are no regrets, and I smile as I think about what the future holds for me.  

2 comments:

Possibly any woman said...

Good for you! *hug*

Mom and Larry said...

Way to go everyone. Very proud of all of you. Love you so much, Mom and Larry