Monday, February 14, 2011

Sidney and Brendan

Sidney, my cousin Liz's daughter, and Brendan were born exactly one week apart in 1997. They are so similar in so many ways that it's hard to believe that they are not siblings. Although this past weekend was filled with racing, it was more of a weekend of celebration for the two of them since they both just celebrated their birthdays. Both are 14 years old now. On Friday evening, after racing finished, Liz brought a birthday cake to the track. A few of the other riders came over to our tent, and we all sang Happy Birthday to the two birthday kiddos. Below is a picture of the cake with the nicknames for the two of them written on it.

Sidney is such a joy to be around. She truly is a great young lady, and we all love having her spend time here with us. I'm thankful that we have connected with her and my cousin in the way that we have so that we get to spend more time together. Like myself Sidney is a huge photography fan, and she spent a great deal of time at the track this weekend with my old EOS camera taking pictures of the racers. She has a lot of talent, and I enjoy seeing the pictures that she comes up with.

No comments: