Saturday, March 21, 2009

Surprise visit to Grandma

Erin and I flew to Oregon to surprise Grandma Laurie for her birthday this past weekend.  The two of us flew into Portland on Friday night (3/13), spent the night in Portland, and then drove down to Grants Pass (four hours south of Portland) on Saturday (3/14) morning (Grandma's birthday).  When we arrived Grandma was talking to Sean on Skype, and her back was to us.  She had no idea we were even in the room (Grandpa Larry knew we were coming). After a few seconds of watching her talk to Sean on Skype I said, "Would you like some doughnuts for breakfast?", and when she turned around and saw me and Erin standing there she nearly fell out of her chair.  The tears were flowing (from her and Grandpa Larry), and she was definitely surprised.  
Erin and Grandma painting magnets (both still in pj's)
Grandma, Grandpa, and Erin (not great of Erin, but a cute picture anyway)

Grandpa and Erin "play fighting"
Erin and I were there until Tuesday morning.  We left early that morning (5:30am), flew out of Portland at noon, and got back home to Tampa just after midnight on Tuesday (Wednesday morning).  Erin is such a great traveler/flyer, and we had a great trip together.  We loved visiting Grandma, Grandpa, and Great Grandma, and we can't wait to see them again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture you put on here of Grandpa Larry and Erin play fighting. I told Larry when he put it on my computer it was great. I already miss you so much. Thank you for making my birthday such a special time. Hope you and Erin are feeling better. I Love You so much, Mom I love all my grandbabies there also, xoxoxoxoxo