Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday

Today I turned 38. I don't mind getting older. It's certainly better than the alternative, and I actually think that my life gets better the older I get. I guess I embrace growing up and growing older.

Since I had classes all day and evening tonight I got to celebrate my birthday yesterday (the 24th). Sean, with his money that he is saving to buy a car, bought me a $100 Williams-Sonoma gift care (my favorite store), and he and Brian split the cost of us going out to dinner. Then as soon as we got home he baked me a homemade cake, just like I always do for them on their birthdays, and we had my midnight birthday (just like I do for them). He even had my mom and dad via Skype on one computer and my best friend, Pam, on another computer so that they could sing happy birthday to me at midnight with my family. In addition to all of that goodness (as if that wasn't enough already), I got another $100 Williams-Sonoma gift card from Pam, a $75 Williams-Sonoma gift card from Brian and $150 cash from my mom and dad. I've been wanting the Kitchenaid 610 Professional mixer in red from WS for a couple of years, and now I finally get to go and get it! It's going to be so nice to move up from the Kitchenaid 5 quart that I currently have.

The one thing that absolutely made my day today was another gift from Sean. When I got into my car this morning to leave for school I reached into my purse for my phone and felt a card. I took it out, and it read:

Mom
I just wanted to tell you how lucky I am to have you for a mom.
I love you up to the sky and down to the ground.
Love,
Sean

No, I'm the one that is lucky to have him for a son.

I spent the rest of the evening after returning home from school today with my family, and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!! :) And congrats on the mixer! I myself am wanting to get a KitchenAid mixer....hmmm maybe I should start hinting for my birthday. HA!

Mom and Dad said...

You deserve the best birthday's ever Michelle. We love you so much.