Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pro 610

I have been dreaming of this mixer for years. Seriously dreaming. I'm not one to want many things (materialistically speaking), but this is one of the very few things that I have really, really wanted. It was just always too much for me to justify, and so I kept dreaming. After all, I have the 5 quart KitchenAid mixer, and it works just fine (for most things). The problem has been that sometimes I make large quantities of baked goods, and the 5 quart just wasn't making the cut. But, I just kept dreaming and making do with the one that I had.

That is until now!

For my birthday this week I got Williams-Sonoma gift cards from Sean, Brian and Pam (totaling $275). The mixer is $400 (yikes, I know). When my mom and dad found out what I was saving towards they sent me the balance to purchase this beautiful, shiny, candy apple red KitchenAid Professional 610 mixer. We drove to Williams-Sonoma yesterday to pick it up, and as silly as it may sound this mixer is beautiful. Truly beautiful. And thanks to Sean, Pam, Brian, and my mom and dad my dream of owning this gorgeous thing has become a reality.

So that you can see that size really does matter in this case-look at the difference between my 5 quart and the new 6 quart!

4 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Whoooooohooooo Michelle. Way to go. You deserve it and we all just wanted you to have something special that you have really wanted. Love you so much.

Kym said...

VERY cool!!!!!! So, is your 5qt looking for a new home? ....just kidding.....*s*

Mom said...

P.S. What ya going to do with your old one,.....hahahahahahahaha.

Rhonda said...

JEALOUS! It truly is a beautiful mixer.