Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy birthday to my beautiful girl

Today Erin turned 8 years old. It's so hard to believe that 8 years have passed since she was born. She's my baby, my last child, and one of the three loves of my life. She brings more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined. When I snuggle her at night I can't help but wish that she wasn't growing up so quickly, but at the same time imagine what a beautiful woman she is going to be in just a few (short) more years. She has us all wrapped around her finger, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

She started the day today with her midnight birthday celebration (a cake and singing from us and Grandma and Grandpa in Oregon via Skype), and then by sleeping in until almost 1pm.
Just after waking up she received a delivery from Grandma and Grandpa!
After a little bit of shopping with me, Sean and Sidney (she picked out 12 books for herself) we met up with Brian, Bren, Ashley and Mazin at Moe's for dinner and then ice cream at a local shop. Then we came home and Lars, Tina and LT came over with gifts for Erin, and in lieu of a cake she chose to have s'mores over the fire pit on the lanai. Tina made Erin a beautiful backpack, and I cannot wait for her to use it when she goes back to school next week.
Now she's playing Man Hunt with Mazin, Bren, Sean, Sidney and Ashley, and Ashley is spending the night with her tonight (she said that is her best present).

Happy birthday beautiful girl. I love you more than words can ever say.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Happy Birthday our sweet girl. Love you very much.

Rhonda said...

So hard to believe they are turning 8 this yr!! Sounds and looks like she had a wonderful day!